Saturday 14 December 2013

CAN PRODUCTION ENGINEERS APPLY FOR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING JOBS IN GOVERNMENT SECTOR?

As I have told you before, production engineering is similar to mechanical engineering and therefore production engineers can apply for mechanical jobs in government sector. In government sector there are jobs specifically for production engineers and I understood that there is a huge scope and demand for production engineers even in government sector.

I will tell you my experience- During my final year of production engineering I registered in many government sites such as Public Service Commission (PSC), Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Railways, Air force, Navy etc. During registration i had to fill a lot of online forms such as contact details, family details, educational qualification, upload photo with name and date, upload signature, etc. In qualification form they ask about our highest qualification and I typed B.Tech (B.E) and there is a scroll down option for selecting your branch in which production or mechanical production engineering is available for selection. After registration I received a lot of notifications for recruitment exclusively for production engineers and understood that there is a lot of requirement or demand for production engineers. I even applied for jobs requiring mechanical engineers but there was a notification telling that I am not eligible. Now here comes the benefit of mechanical equivalent certificate. You can say that you are eligible for the desired mechanical engineer post and there is an option for selecting mechanical equivalent certificate. In some cases they tell you to select a minimum number of 10-15 subjects that you have studied from the given list of mechanical subjects (which I am sure we would have studied during our course). In Air force registration, they ask you to select subjects from the given list.

It is an advantage for us that we can apply for production jobs as well as mechanical government jobs.       

4 comments:

  1. Sir,can you please tell me what i have to do to get mechanical equivalent certificate.pls reply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to your university (not your college) and inquire about mechanical equivalent certificate. If your university is providing one, they will guide you. It is an easy procedure.

      Delete
  2. Really good blog post, I was searching such information since long time. Today’s our searched has been completed or stop because I get a lot of good information from your website regarding of fresher and experience job (all fields), I would like to big thanks for providing such useful information for us, will come back on your blogs for gathering more info and I will share with our friend about your job portal services. Lastly I bookmark it for future use and huge thanks. Mechanical Engineering Jobs

    ReplyDelete